Empyre's Edge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Empyre's Edge

A forum for the Empyre's Edge roleplaying setting.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Online Session Recap - 15.03.2019

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tylendel
Lord
Tylendel

Online Session Recap - 15.03.2019 Empty
PostSubject: Online Session Recap - 15.03.2019   Online Session Recap - 15.03.2019 I_icon_minitimeFri 15 Mar 2019, 20:18

Tylendel is making ready to leave Ipeshtir’s Haven.

Qulluqu enters the room, walks over to the chest, opens it and pulls out a large owl, places it on his shoulder and makes to leave.

Tylendel: “What?”

Qulluqu: “Harf.”

Tylendel: “But…”

Qulluqu: “Hrrfarf.”

Tylendel: “Have a nice trip.”

Qulluqu: “Habrafharrw.”

Tylendel is distracted from his travels for a moment – luckily for him, because he had forgotten to make a scabbard for the Blade of the Lost God. He concentrates, and manifests a wooden scabbard dressed in white leather with gildensteel bindings and fastenings.

Tylendel: “I’ll leave now, Pábes.”

Pábes: “You’re going back? Good luck. Be careful.”

Tylendel: “Thank you. And you take care. And if you get a moment, think of this: The leash I saw on Parafor’s wrist. Could it be as long as the gods have living descendants on Eras, is that what’s tying them there?”

Pábes: “Maybe. Maybe not.”

Tylendel: “Keep it in mind.”

Pábes: “Maybe there is something about it in this book. I’ll keep my eyes open.”

When returning, he encounters resistance, as if something is trying to hold him back. He gets flashes of a mountain range with spear-like peaks. This happens a couple of times, then he manages to focus on his body in Eras, and return.

Tylendel returns to the Commander’s Hall in front of the statue of the Lost God Found – and to his great distress, he feels that his spells have run their courses.

Tylendel panics. Four days! It took him four days to return! He feels blind and without knowledge. He starts breathing hard, trying to keep his despair at bay, and after a few minutes he manages to calm down some. He sits in the Commander’s Hall, breathing hard, thoughts racing through his mind. All his plans are crushed. His knowledge is out of date.

He finally manages to calm down enough to eat some food while gathering his thoughts. He feels hesitant about returning to the Between to refresh his information, but eventually comes to the conclusion that he has no choice.

Tylendel returns to the Between, to Ipeshtir’s Haven. This time the journey feels faster than usual, as if his despair has given him strength.

Pábes: “Oh! That was fast.”

Tylendel: “No, it wasn’t fast; it’s been four bloody days!”

Pábes looks surprised.

Pábes: “Four days?”

Tylendel: “In Eras it’s been four days.”

Pábes: “More like five minutes.”

Tylendel: “I need… Information.”

Tylendel walks over to the mirror. It’s as if the mirror knows he is coming, and it becomes visible as Tylendel approach. To Tylendel’s despair, it is still warm.

Pábes: “Are you all right?”

Tylendel: “No, everything’s going up shit creek. I’m failing. I’m failing my people.”

Pábes: “What has changed?”

Tylendel: “It’s been four days on Eras. The Crow-king’s army is closing in on the city.”

Pábes: “Now I understand what you meant. I’m sorry.”

Tylendel: “And this mirror is still warm.”

Pábes: “Four days…”

Pábes feels the mirror as well.

Pábes: “I guess you could use it a few times? Perhaps three or four? I don’t know…”

Tylendel: “Cover your ears, Pábes.”

Pábes: “Are you gonna curse?”

Tylendel: “Yes.”

Pábes covers his ears.

Tylendel: “FUCK!”

Pábes: “I kind of heard it anyway.”

Tylendel: “Yeah, I guess you did.”

Tylendel takes a deep breath and rubs his face.

Tylendel: “Okay. Show me where Gaffon is.”

The mirror shows him the Crow-king’s army encamped near Kingsbridge. The mirror zooms in on a group of Áhar under the bridge, and closes in on Khapa Jhorba, and his sword. The mirror stops while the sword is in focus. Tylendel estimates that the army is five to six days away from the city, maybe more. He also feels that the Novíla will hinder them, since there aren’t any fords south of the Eastern Breywoods.

Tylendel: “Show me Syr Dostan:”

The mirror starts swirling, but nothing happens, making Tylendel worried.

Tylendel: “Has she done something? Show me Mulendobra.”

He sees her crawling along a road – Tylendel determines it is the Karklin Road between Bormost and Sirry. She has some fresh wounds on her shoulders that look like burn marks, but she is dressed this time. She is wearing an acolyte’s road and a Holy Harvester cape. She looks strong, keeping a good speed, and determined.

Tylendel: “Oh, what the fuck has happened, what the- Show me the Holy Hill.”

The Hill looks as normal, not the debris strewn field Tylendel was expecting. There are soldiers patrolling and practicing. He spots Black Jaquan instructing a troop of White Thorn archers. Next to him is Captain Sweet Denis. One unusual thing is that there are guards surrounding the area where the Lady of Summer was buried. The area seems to have grown, and there are guards every ten yards, mostly Holy Harvesters. Captain Renbert, one of Syr Dostan’s captains, is there.

Tylendel feels more relaxed now, so he tries making the mirror show him Syr Dostan again.

The knight of Greywolf Hall is walking through the Everspring Garden, just exiting the Lady’s Garden. Tylendel breathes a sigh of relief, then an idea starts forming in his mind. As he follows Syr Dostan through the temple grounds in the direction of Ironheart Tower, Tylendel starts manifesting a piece of paper in his hands. On the paper he makes as detailed description of the Crow-king’s army as he can, including troops, supplies and banners. At the end of the letter he writes that they are currently encamped at Kingsbridge, and that he hopes to return tomorrow. Once finished he wills it into Dostan’s hand.

For Tylendel it feels as if he’s releasing a bird. He can see in the mirror that Dostan is suddenly holding a scroll – but he doesn’t notice. He keeps walking for a while, then he notices. He holds it while walking, even making stopping to have a chat with Black Jaquan. He finally enters Ironheart Tower as Tylendel gets impatient.

Tylendel: “Oh, read the damned paper, you wolf brain.”

Syr Dostan finally enters his hall and sits down. He talks to his guards, further exasperating Tylendel, then finally opens it.

Tylendel: “Oh, finally! About bloody time.”

Tylendel can see Syr Dostan’s eyebrows rise. He looks around, out the window, then smiles. He flattens the scroll on the table and starts reading it more carefully.

Tylendel: “Pábes, you once said something… That I should take care how much power I use, and how I use my power.”

Pábes: “I did say that, but… I’m beginning to believe that you’re beyond that. You… I don’t know, but it seems like you’re far beyond any of the powers I have seen on display here in the Between. You do what you want!”

Tylendel: “Should I?”

Pábes: “I’m not sure, my friend. So far it has only worked to our advantage, but…”

Tylendel: “How much instability do I cause in the Between when I make changes in Eras?”

Pábes: “I am not sure if that even happens. But it could, now that you mention it. That’s a good question. I’ll keep it for Ipeshtir.”

Tylendel: “Isn’t that part of the reason why the Between is so fractured? That magic has leaked into the other realms and it’s been used there?”

Pábes: “Ipeshtir tried to explain to me what he believes based on what he knows, but… It seems like this sorcery… It’s like… Imagine if you had a handful of marbles, and each marble was a world?”

Tylendel nods

Pábes: “Between these, something keeps them apart, and then, at some point, they come together. And are kept together by sorcery. I don’t know if that’s a good explanation, but something like that?”

Tylendel: “When I told Muqad Fevre that Parafor was about to gain more power in Eras, he got terrified. I got the impression that if too much destruction was wreaked in Eras, by magic, then the Between would get more chaotic.”

Pábes: “Possibly. In the book, and I think you know which one I mean, there is something about those Seals of the Night, that they, too, and that is why I need it, are linked to this sorcerous emanation that is going on, and… This is my speculation, I believe that when those seals were broken, that’s how these webs of sorcery leaked out into Eras as well, and that would explain, among other things, you.”

Tylendel: “There was some sorcery before, but when the seals broke -”

Tylendel and Pábes: “It grew stronger.”

Pábes: “And! I think that the reason why you are growing so powerful is because you have the blood of Ruis. And that is why your friend also… Things began to change with him as well. Am I right?”

Pábes: “And he has someone’s blood too, right?”

Tylendel: “He started showing his bowers before the seals broke. Was that because Parafor was stirring in his slumber?”

Pábes: “Certain bloodlines do stem from those old times. I’ve tried to make a little list of people that I suspect may in some way be related to past powers. So I’ve got you, I’ve got Eld, I’ve got myself, ‘though I have no idea why or who that could have been. But you know,. Here I am.”

Tylendel: “Kobian and Bohumíl.”

Pábes: “The Camreys, for sure. That is why your friend too got involved in this. Maybe your Lord Commander too. I’m not sure. It depends whether he was indeed drugged by the librarian or if he was having sleep as Eld.”

Tylendel: “No, he was drugged. Adrian was poisoning him on the orders of Líviu. I found the poison?”

Pábes: “Adrian?”

He looks shocked.

Pábes: “He was a good man!”

Tylendel: “He was partly compelled and partly frightened. He admitted it. Before the Vossonian murdered him.”

Pábes: “That makes me sad.”

Pábes: “I think he believed a lot in you and your friend.”

Tylendel: “He called me a prophet of the Lost God Found.”

Pábes: “There you go.”

Tylendel: “Yeah, that’s when I hid in the library. On reflection, not the best place to go, considering.”

Pábes: “How could you know?”

Tylendel: “Very well, let’s see if we can slow this army down.”

He feels the mirror; it is quite warm, but not yet hot.

Tylendel: “Show me the Crow-king’s army from a mile above.”

Again he sees the army, and he confirms that they are encamped around Kingsbridge. He then makes the army zoom out, showing him Barosía from the Remhecks to the Breywoods. He focusses his mental strength on the Sea of Reeds, and starts making the storm of the century. He wills a hurricane into existence in the marshy areas north and east of Mistmark, and forces it to blow southwest towards the province proper.

They see the storm start to form, first small, but growing rapidly in size. They see if start blowing south west, throwing up debris.

Tylendel: “Okay.”

Pábes turns and gapes at the mirror.

Pábes: “I can’t believe it.”

Tylendel: “I had to do something. I need to destroy as much of the Crow-king’s army as I can. If not, they will kill my people at the Holy Hill.”

Pábes: “It seems you have come to a point where everything will become critical.”

Tylendel: “Yes. And now I need to return. Wish me luck, Pábes.”

Tylendel starts meditating, and this time when he return to the Hall of the Watchers it feels like he hasn’t lost any time.

Tylendel: “What do I need to do, what do I need to do. I need to get to the Holy Hill. I need to fly. I need protection form the wind, and I need warmth.”

Relieved, he starts performing rituals to renew his spells. He casts the spells successfully, packs everything he has in the Great Hall, and goes to bed mentally exhausted.
Back to top Go down
https://empyresedge.rpg-board.net

Online Session Recap - 15.03.2019
Page 1 of 1