Empyre's Edge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Empyre's Edge

A forum for the Empyre's Edge roleplaying setting.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Online Session Recap - 01.06.2019

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tylendel
Lord
Tylendel

Online Session Recap - 01.06.2019 Empty
PostSubject: Online Session Recap - 01.06.2019   Online Session Recap - 01.06.2019 I_icon_minitimeSat 08 Jun 2019, 16:58

Tylendel and Dinja are walking in the streets of Byrkburgh, looking at the people bustling about. The sky is blue, and he is talking to her about things he knows. They start getting nervous.

Dinja: “It feels like someone’s watching us.”

Tylendel agrees, and the city fades around them.

Tylendel starts waking up, but the feeling of being watched persists. He hears fingers tapping on wood. Tylendel pretends to sleep and half opens an eye. By the table, he can see the Crow-king sitting, looking at the books lying there. For a few moments Tylendel is still confused about whether he is still asleep or not, but as he wakes up properly, he realize that the Crow-king is there. He thinks about Howler under his pillow, then recalls that he just dropped all his clothes and gear on the floor last night, and he curses inside. He sits up in bed.

Tylendel: “What do you want?”

Crow-king: “Uh, very boring literature, my friend.”

Tylendel: “Well, I didn’t pick it out myself – it was given to me.”

Crow-king: “I see. I am just here for one thing. I am here to give you a last chance. You may have noticed that he is freed now.”

Tylendel: “Yes.”

Crow-king: “And I promise you, he will lash out against the world that has kept him imprisoned so long. There is no hope, unless you stand by my side. I am, after all, the liberator.”

Tylendel stretches his arms.

Tylendel: “Your witches are dead.”

Crow-king: “Are they now?”

Tylendel: “Yes, they are.”

Crow-king: “Can you kill that witch is already dead?”

Tylendel: “Would it terrify you if I answered that I actually think I can?”

Tylendel thinks he spots a slight twitch in the Crow-king’s face, as if he’s surprised. He also notices that the Crow-king doesn’t cast any shadow.

Tylendel: “I am not going to submit to hatred.”

Crow-king: “Together, Tylendel Greyoak, we could watch the West burn. Watch as the God crawls across these lands to spread his fiery fury. We will free the world, so that we can mould it again.”

Tylendel: “I have no wish to see the world burn. To rebuild something from ashes. You can’t build on ashes. It’s not a stable foundation. You have to mould the world as it is.”

The Crow-king chortles.

Crow-king: “I understand your worry concerning that particular part of the plan. But we’re not going to let him burn everything, are we? A final offer. A final chance.”

Tylendel: “I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request.”

Crow-king: “So be it.”

Tylendel: “By the way, do you have any more mirrors hidden away, so I can break them too?”

The Crow-king doesn’t react much other than smirking slightly. He shakes his head.

Crow-king: “Then we will watch it burn from a perch each.”

Tylendel: “Well, we won’t see it through any mirrors, will we? I don’t think there are any of those mirrors left on Eras now.”

Crow-king: “Maybe not. Maybe not. Still, I found you, didn’t I?”

Tylendel: “Well, I haven’t been walking quietly through the halls, now, have I?”

Crow-king: “No, indeed you have not. You have become very powerful. I have no intention to hiding the knowledge, the truth of it. There is a reason why I think it would be wise of you to consider your allegiance.”

Tylendel: “Do you really not get it? I don’t like hurting people. I don’t like bringing misery to people. I don’t like being the cause of pain, the cause of anguish, the cause of fear – like you are. I want people to love me. I want people to respect me, something you can never get. Do you not see that not in my wildest dreams would I consider an allegiance with you? You… You are muck. You are the worm that crawls through pigs’ shit.”

Crow-king: “Now, now. That’s not how you get people to like you.”

Tylendel: “Well, I don’t want everyone to like me.”

Crow-king: “I see.”

Tylendel: “Maggots like you… No.”

Crow-king: “Still, even a maggot can cause quite a bit of trouble.”

Tylendel: “Until it’s squashed beneath the heel, yes.”

Crow-king: “Ah, yes. Very well. Then we are done, my friend.”

Tylendel: “Does Parafor know you serve Gaffon as well?”

Crow-king: “I serve no Gaffon.”

Tylendel chuckles.

Tylendel: “You renounce your allegiance to your master?”

Crow-king: “Do you assume he is meddling in my affairs?”

Tylendel: “Well I know he is, because he was in your camp. Or, the camp of your army, at least.”

Again the twitch that may mean the Crow-king is surprised.

Tylendel: “You know, he was actually there when you had Mulendobra in your grasp.”

Crow-king: “Hmm… Very interesting. See? This is why I give you a final chance. Because I would have had so much use for you. So be it.”

Tylendel: “The answer I have given is the answer you will get.”

Crow-king: “I accept that. Let’s hope that you will continue your noble, heroic quest, and that you can fulfil your destiny before the maggots come to eat.”

The Crow-king disappears, as if he’s never been there.

It’s still dark outside, but Tylendel decides to get out of bed. He puts his feet on the cold floor, then pulls them back into bed. He decides to try to reach Ruis with his mind instead.

Tylendel: “Ruis. I think it’s about time you and I had a talk.”

While trying to reach Ruis, a memory of when he woke on the floor of the hall in the Arganhold after being poisoned rises. He gets an image of a brick wall where blood runs from where mortar should have been. He sees statues of the Lost God Found – first the one in the nave of the temple, then the one in the Hall of the Watchers. He hears the voice of Eld telling Tylendel, excitedly, that he has seen a statue bleed. He hears a howling wolf. Sees a bleeding heart. Black clouds speeding past, giving glimpses of a silvery moon and naked branches.

The last vision is of Tylendel walking in a dark, empty space with a glowing pinpoint in front of him. As he gets closer, he sees it is a portal, and eventually the light get so bright he cannot see and he opens his eyes in his bed.

Tylendel: “Well that wasn’t very helpful.”

He gets out of bed, dresses, and heads over to the infirmary to look for water. There are fewer people there now that last night. He finds water, drinks some and splashes some on his face. Next he visits Haskent’s room. The Prophet is laying still, almost the same as when Tylendel were last there. The main chance is that the fingers of one his hands are are bandaged, and the wall next to his bed has writing on it.

Wall: “Darkness smothers light and light pierces darkness but Night is the Eldest of Things.”

Tylendel sits down by Haskent’s bed.

Tylendel: “To be perfectly honest with you, I don’t know if I have time to do everything I want to do. I don’t know if the Creeping God will reach Bormost before I am ready. I don’t know if I’ll be able to resist him. Quite the pickle I’ve gotten myself into, isn’t it? Are you still fighting, now that Parafor is free?”

The Prophet looks more calm than he did last Tylendel visited him, as if he’s in a deep sleep. With his eyes closed, he looks kinder as well, less intense.

Tylendel casts a spell to help the Prophet heal.

Tylendel: “And here I am, using of myself for others again. Does that make me a good man, Haskent?”

Tylendel sits thinking and talking for a while,

Tylendel: “I’ll be back if I can find the time.”

then leaves Haskent’s room and goes to see Eld’s empty room.

Tylendel: “Where have you gone, Brother?”

He looks at the empty room for a few moments, then walks onto the gallery above the nave. He leans on the railing and looks down onto the Myrfolk. The place stinks. He walks downstairs into the nave. On his way down he hears a bell toll – foolishly, he ignores it. He enters the nave, but the stink and the dirt make him change his mind. He will speak to them later.

He leaves the temple, and when he exits, he notices activity near Alfons the Reverend’s Gate. Soldiers are running towards it and manning the walls. He starts making his way down there, and about halfway he starts hearing a sound from beyond the walls, as of a thousand flapping wings.

Suddenly a black wave breaks over the walls – crows.

The crows attack the soldiers on the walls, and Tylendel runs towards the gate. He surveys the situation, wards off an attack on himself, then flies back to the temple. He seizes the flying spell on the Dreamweaver and uses the ship to help the soldiers, swooping through the swarms of crows, back and forth, back and forth. After some time, the attacks end, and Tylendel flies over the city to look for more waves of attackers, but doesn’t notice anything. He then parks Dreamweaver at the temple again. Next he flies down the Ironheart Tower.

He looks in on the Duskborn – she is sleeping, as is her father – then he goes downstairs to look for breakfast. In the room in front of Dostan’s hall there are people gathered.

Dostan: “Greyoak.”

Tylendel: “Dostan:”

Dostan: “You saved us again.”

Tylendel: “Well, I think the archers saved us. I just helped.”

Dostan: “I think we’ve had our first, for us, meeting with the Crow-king’s minions?”

Tylendel: “Oh, yes.”

Dostan: “They were… Many.”

Tylendel: “I don’t think he’ll have too many of those to send to us after this.”

Dostan: “I hope you’re right. It won’t be easier to keep our morale up. First that terrible thunder and the blinding light, and now… Insanity.”

Tylendel raises his voice.

Tylendel: “Everyone has been warned how it would be. We are fighting a god. When the Prophet gathered his army to march east, he said that they would fight the Creeping God. Well, now we are.”

Dostan: “I suppose some of them didn’t take it literally.”

Tylendel: “Mm. I guess so. But this was just the first wave.”

Dostan: “At least our men followed orders.”

Dostan: “It could have been worse. It could have been worse. But you’re flying around on a ship… Heh.”

Tylendel: “Ah, yes, the Dreamweaver.”

Dostan: “I… Can only imagine the legends that will arise from all of this.”

Tylendel: “Yeah, I thought it’s too late to be subtle.”

Dostan: “True. I suppose that’s what the Crow-king is thinking as well?”

Tylendel: “Yes. Because you know I’ve been so very subtle up until now.”

Dostan: “You’ve always been, my friend.”

He smiles and pats Tylendel’s shoulder.

Dostan: “Subtle as they come. What now?”

Tylendel: “Take care of the wounded, man the walls. I need to prepare to face the Creeping God, and I need everyone here to protect the Holy Hill while I do so.”

Dostan: “I understand. I don’t know if you heard, but we lost quite a few hundred to desertion. Do you think we should recall the search parties, if they’re still alive? Or close the gates and make sure we don’t lose more people?”

Tylendel: “We can’t hold our own people prisoners. And right now people have a better chance of surviving in here than out there.”

Dostan: “That’s what I was thinking as well. I have lost of my better captains, Captain Rembert. He is… I can only assume that he left us.”

Tylendel: “Just let the word spread that if they… If they want to try to run, then we don’t have the manpower to stop them. We need to protect the Holy Hill. This is where the Creeping God is coming. If the Creeping God reaches the Holy Hill, we lose.”

Dostan: “Yes.”

Tylendel: “If they run, they are on their own. Recall any patrols. If any of the deserters come back, then okay, we have more men to man the walls. Do not waste any men searching for them. I know it’s hard: Some people may call me heartless for giving that order, but this is endgame. We need to defend the Holy Hill.”

Dostan: “Your will shall be done. I just needed to see if our thoughts were aligned. I don’t know where it started, but there are people probably so terrified that they are talking about the end, scaring others. It is endgame. People feel it in their bones. I shall talk with Syr Gylian and Camrey, and we will… We will hold.”

Tylendel: “We must.”

Dostan: “We must.”

Tylendel: “I need breakfast. And a barber.”

He rubs his beard.

Dostan: “Now that you mention it… But that peachy fuss kind of pales in comparison to your flying boat, eh?”

Tylendel: “That reminds me… I need some paper. Ink. A feather. I need you to help me find a place.”

Dostan: “Let’s do the paper and ink thing first, then. Come.”

Syr Dostan asks one of the captains to fetch him what Tylendel requested, then they enter Dostan’s Hall. Tylendel helps himself to some food before the captain returns. Tylendel quickly draws the land near Carhútrun and marks Nysal’s fort.

Tylendel: “Where’s that? What is the name of that place?”

Dostan looks at the map.

Dostan: “I think you’re trying to draw the Bay of Kings, which is the great bay of the first of the Holy Provinces, Erlar. Yes? Because if that is Carhútrun, then this is the Land of the Iron Lords… And when you… So you’re asking me about…”

Tylendel: “This town in the north east of the bay.”

Dostan: “I have not actually been there myself, although my home province borders it in the north. It’s a very large province, I know. Bay of Kings… That town… There is a main road going from Carhútrun south along the bay, and it swings around and goes south to a town, that is correct, and there it splits into two major roads. One goes south east, almost down to the Irondeath Mountains. South east toward Ibiravia and Messonia. The other road goes to the southern duchies. I am sorry, I do not recall the name of that town. Nor do I have any knowledge of it. However! There are plenty of people in our Prophet’s Host who hail from that province. If you wish, we could find Erlari.”

Tylendel: “I’d like to know as much as I can about that town, and especially that fort.”

Dostan: “Jaquan? Please find me a few men who hail from the province of Erlar.”

Jaquan stands up and leaves the room.

Dostan: “That is the first province which was consolidated under the Holy Throne, but I suppose you know that.”

Tylendel: “Yes. I wonder who Mitrôn’s mother was…”

Dostan: “Now that’s a good question.”

Tylendel: “Because in that fort is the Lady of Infinite Melodies.”

Dostan: “On of the…”

Dostan: “Gods?”

Tylendel: “Yes. And if the Lost God was the father of Mitrôn, it is curious that one of the goddesses should stay so close to the capital of the province, or of the Empyre.”

Dostan: “How so?”

Tylendel: “Unless there’s a connection.”

Dostan: “Well, you know how little I know of such matters. But yes, if the histories are true, Mitrôn founded Carhútrun, or at least that’s where it began.”

Tylendel: “Yes. My province, you know, was the next. About half a century after the first God-king had claimed the lands that are now Erlar, he claimed Anastonia. The people I descend from, they were called the Baraden, and that area was called Baradenland.”

Dostan: “Baraden…”

Tylendel: “And they united, and there was a decade that we know as the Black Rebellion in the beginning, in the early days of Anastonia. But they were crushed between the Empyre, well it was not the Empyre at that point, but, the forces of the God-king and the Skygglanders, and from that rose the old tradition that we Anastonians defend the coast north of Erlar.”

They keep talking, mostly about Anastonia, until Jaquan return with three Erlari; two men and a woman.

Old man: “You wish to speak with us, Syr?”

Dostan: “Yes. Actually it is Lord Greyoak here who wishes to speak with you.”

Tylendel: “There is a town, and a fort, in Erlar that I want to know about.”

He brings the map to them.”

Tylendel: “There.”

He explains them where it is in relation to the Bay of Kings – the older man seems to understand what Tylendel is getting at.

Old man: “Let’s see… I come from an island called Bresovad.”

He points to the bay south of Carhútrun.

Old man: “So I know this place fairly well. It’s the Bay of Kings. Let’s see… Here you have… There lies a great city here, Anten Pobor, maybe you’ve heard of it… You’re talking about Elko, I suppose.”

Dostan: “Is that where the road becomes two roads?”

Old man: “Indeed, sire. One goes that way, the other goas that way. That one goes into the lands of the southern duchies, to the castles of Red Rain and Serpent’s Rock. The other road goes to Ibiravia and Messonia and Osbria.”

Dostan: “Yes, yes. There is a citadel close to Elko.”

Tylendel: “Overlooking the bay.”

Old man: “That would be Izith. The Citadel of Izith. I’ve heard of it.”

Tylendel: “Anything special about it?”

Old man: “Why, yes, milord. It’s very grand, and it occupies a rocky, small peninsula. Well, it’s not small, but… The citadel is so large it occupies most of it, and it has two great walls, so the first wall surrounds the outer yard and the second wall surrounds the inner yard. There is a magnificent cathedral inside the first wall, and the duchess’ palace inside the second wall.”

Old woman: “I know something too, milord.”

Tylendel: “Speak up, please.”

Old woman: “There is a story about that place. It was an imperial fortress held by a High Marshall, and when he did some great deed in one war or the other he was given that citadel and given the title of duke, so he became the first Duke of Izith.”

Old man: “That sounds like something I’ve heard.”

Old woman: “But one day there came a woman to the place, to the citadel, or to the town, I don’t know – and the duke at that time was without a wife and he fell dearly in love with her, and there was talk, because she was a poor orphan girl, yet the duke chose to spend time with her, and I believe they did get married. And they had a daughter. And at some point, I don’t know precisely how the story goes, milord, but th--- Now, as long as people remember, there has only been a Lady of the citadel, and she has a court where she invites those who are weak, or in need of protection, and sometimes she chooses a husband from them, and the children stay in her court, and she chooses one of them to be her daughter as in… You know, when the first child of a lord…?”

Tylendel: “Her heir.”

Old woman: “Heir, yes, thank you, milord, I am so sorry. She chooses an heir, and in that way she… She is very popular among the women of the area, because she defends them, and I’ve heard of this from the sister someone, a friend of mine, and I know that the priests of the capital are not so enthusiastic of the Duchesses of Izith.”

Man: “Is this true?”

Old woman: “Only what I’ve heard, milord.”

Man: “Well I’m from Kronsur Keep, the village outside of Kronsur Keep. It is perhaps 35-40 miles south of Elko. I’ve never heard of this. I’ve heard of the citadel, though.”

Old man: “I’ve heard of it. Well, not all of it, but I’ve heard of the duchesses who think they’re good enough that they don’t need any men, isn’t that so?”

Old woman: “I don’t think it’s like that.”

They start discussing, and Tylendel clears his throat loudly.

Everyone: “Sorry, lord, sorry.”

The last man tells Tylendel that the Duchesses name is Azella.”

Tylendel: “That duchess… Good at singing, is she? Playing music?”

Man: “I was just about to say so, milord. I just heard, we have merchants coming through on their way north, on the way south, sometimes they share stories, and those who come from the north, some of them, have been inside Izith citadel, because it’s like a small city, they say, and I remember they said that the banners flying on those banners show a musical instrument, so maybe you’re right about that.”

Old woman: “That could be true. I’ve heard that there are musicians in that court, and minstrels that travel the roads to visit her. That she likes music, I think. Something like that.”

Dostan: “You’re doing well. Please, sit down so you can eat.”

They all thank him and sit down to eat.

Dostan: “Anything else you remember?”

Old man: “The duchess surrounds herself with poets and artists and musicians and she has her own garrison, which is led by good knights. And there is not only that magnificent cathedral. There are several smaller houses of worship within the walls, and each one is dedicated to a saint. The grand Cathedral is dedicated to Saint Thamia.”

In Bormost, the temple of Saint Thamia is where Bohumíl held the meeting when he returned to Bormost.

Tylendel: “Very well. You’ve been very helpful. Thank you.”

Dostan: “Will you see them out, Jaquan?”

Tylendel: “And while you’re out there, can you see if anyone has seen Lylas?”

Dostan: “What do you mean? Is he not here anymore?”

Tylendel: “He wasn’t in the Duskborn’s room.”

Dostan: “Oh. We gave him a sleeping spot in one of our improvised barracks.”

Tylendel: “I see.”

Dostan: “I think he’s with Captain Kalareth. Well, that’s, at least, where he was given a place to sleep. I haven’t seen him. I didn’t see him when the crows attacked.”

Tylendel: “Well, he’s had an exhausting few days, well, years, actually, so he might have gotten some well-deserved rest.”

Dostan: “I understand. That’s the fifteenth company, so they would be in… I don’t think they’re in Ironheart Tower, actually. I suppose the fifteenth is quartered with… The fourteenth, the sixteenth… In the chapel of Saint Nitsa. The towers past Highwind Keep.”

He looks at the map.

Dostan: “I do miss the sound of the waves crashing ashore. Though Greywolf Hall was too far inland for that sound, I spent a lot of time ranging the coast. When I was younger and itching for Skygglander blood.”

Tylendel: “If you weren’t needed here, I might have taken you along. But I don’t know if I have time to go myself either.”

Dostan: “You’re thinking of going there? Oh well, if that ship can fly as fast as it did through those crows all those thousands of miles you’d be there in no time. Am I right?”

Tylendel: “Yes, but it’ll take days. At least, if not weeks. Because I want to send them all back…”

Dostan: “Excuse me, who?”

Tylendel: “The gods and the goddesses.”

Dostan: “Ah. You have tried to explain your plan. I still fail to understand but… You’re going to build some kind of trap for them.”

Tylendel: “I was hoping to convince them to go voluntarily. Well, the once that are left, at least. Mulendobra and Braek are trapped now.”

Dostan: “It’s just… Even after all these dark days, and all that has happened, I still find it hard to wrap my wits around all of it. But I know one thing, and that is that I trust you to know what’s best.”

Tylendel: “I hope I do know what’s best. But first…”

Tylendel tuts.

Tylendel: “I’m wondering, now that I have the ship… If I should get some reinforcements.”

Dostan: “Hmm… How many men can you fit on board?”

Tylendel: “I don’t know. A few hundred? Pack them tightly.”

Dostan: “Like whitepike in a barrel, eh?”

Tylendel: “Yes. Because Syr Nathyn is heading through the Breywoods.”

Dostan: “He’s an Erlari too.”

Tylendel: “Really?”

Dostan: “I think so.”

Tylendel: “I never actually though about where ion the Empyre he came from, just that he was from the West. Baron.”

Dostan: “Didn’t his father come from Erlar? I thought that army was sent from Erlar anyway.”

Tylendel: “Yes. The army I fought yesterday.”

Dostan sputters.

Dostan: “I’m not sure I even want to hear it. I’m afraid my eyes will pop out and my hair will fall off. What little I have left, that is.”

Tylendel tells him about the fight in the forest while they wait for Lylas. After a while Black Jaquan returns with Lylas.

Lylas: “Apologies, my friend. Seems I was in hard need of sleep.”

Tylendel: “You are more than forgiven.”

Lylas: “Apparently, I’ve slept through an invasion of black birds.”

Tylendel: “That is so. Did you recognize her?”

Lylas: “I… Sensed… Something familiar, yes.”

Tylendel: “I thought so.”

Lylas: “When she opened her eyes I realized why you sent me there. Somehow she is in there. The lad who fathered her tells me that she is only thirteen days old.”

Lylas: “I suppose we’ll be able to talk to her soon, then.”

He looks anguished.

Tylendel: “Unless the Creeping God comes here first.”

Lylas: “We take her with us.”

Tylendel: “If we leave, yes. But I don’t think we can leave. There is power here, and the Creeping God cannot touch that power.”

Lylas: “Because he can’t or because you plan not to let him?”

Tylendel: “Because if he does touch that power, we’re doomed.”

Lylas: “How so?”

Tylendel: “He can reach that power, spread his fire.”

Lylas: “Strengthen himself.”

Tylendel: “Yes. But I wanted to talk to you about something else. I need a favour. When I killed Kobian, a black child sprang from his body.”

Lylas: “A black child?”

Tylendel: “Seemed like an infant, but moved… Well. Moved faster than I could run. I tried attacking it but my dagger, well, glanced off. That child is now the size of a teenager. It’s feral. Beastly. And it lives in the ruins of Camrey Castle.”

Dostan: “That sounds like… If she is in the child above, what’s in that one?”

Tylendel: “I suspect that the Creeping God is trying to get into that thing.”

Lylas: “What’s it doing at the ruins… Ruins? Is it…”

Tylendel: “There was a slight miscalculation when I came back to the city. The castle fell down.”

Jaquan chuckles.

Lylas: “I… See.”

Tylendel: “Thing you’ll be able to hunt it?”

Lylas: “I will do what I can.”

Tylendel: “You’ll get as many men as you need.”

He looks at Dostan.

Lylas: “I’ll need a quiver full of arrows and a good bow.”

Dostan: “You shall have it.”

Lylas: “Men? Sure. The last time I tried to do something alone, I…”

Dostan: “Take him with you, Jaquan, and pick some good men for him. Sweet Denis, perhaps.”

Tylendel: “Lylas. Whatever it takes, destroy it.”

Lylas nods.

Lylas: “Yes. Yes, you’re right, that’s something that sounds too dangerous to be left to its own devices.”

Tylendel: “Yes. And remember, I used one of the moonsteel daggers to try to kill it, and it glances off.”

Lylas: “Then what good will an arrow do?”

Tylendel: “If you can’t shoot it, use ropes. Catch it.”

Lylas: “Yes. Maybe that will be easier if it can’t be slain.”

Tylendel: “Yes. And when you catch it, do not bring it past the wall inside the Everspring Gardens. Keep it outside. I don’t want to risk giving Parafor a way in.”

Lylas: “There’s one thing I don’t understand. If you know it’s crawling around the castle, why hasn’t it come here?”

Tylendel: “It’s feral. It’s beastly. Maybe it’s scared of all the people, or maybe Parafor is willing it to wait.”

Lylas: “Wait for him.”

Lylas: “Very well. Thank you, Syr Dostan. Until the next time.”

Tylendel: “Good hunting.”

Lylas leaves.

Tylendel: “I think I’ll need to travel to the Between… And take care of… Yes. I need…”

He stands up, gathering his gear.

Tylendel: “I’ll be at the temple if anyone needs me.”

Dostan stands as well.

Dostan: “Well, I’m off to the morning council. I will… Is there anything of this I should relay?”

Tylendel: “Tell them about Lylas’ mission.”

Dostan: “Certainly.”

Tylendel: “Ask them to pull pack the patrols in the city. Keep the walls manned.”

Dostan: “As you wish.”

They walk together up to the temple, where Tylendel enters and goes to the nave.

Tylendel: “Who’s in charge here?”

Three men from the crowd approach Tylendel. One of them is wearing an old Camrey cloak. That one nods to Tylendel.

Myrhold man: ”I greet. Name [dafuq]. This [huh?]. This [ohcomeon].”

Tylendel: “I am Tylendel Greyoak.”

Myrhold man: ”Greet. Heard of you.”

Tylendel: “Who told you to come here?”

Myrhold man: ”When moon came. Lord of the Well spoke. We follow her. No more dark.”

Tylendel: “You followed the Lady of the Moon?”

Myrhold man: ”We call her Lady Moon.”

Tylendel: “Okay.”

Myrhold man: ”Shrer she light of fire. Palkis he light of fire. Notelkuls he light of fire. We come not war, we seek safe. Can help.”

Tylendel: “How?”

Myrhold man: ”We fight. We’re warrior. We fight many years. Myrhold.”

He shows Tylendel a silver amulet shaped as a snake with wings: House Glenmyr.

Myrhold man: ”Even women fight. We learn. Speak. Outlaw queen. Speak like you. Little.”

Tylendel: “Yes. Well, I am a knight of the Moon Guard, so we do have something in common.”

Myrhold man: ”Night?”

Tylendel: “A warrior of the guards, those who guard the moon.”

He says something to the others in his own language.

Myrhold man: ”They. Not like us. But we not fight you. We seek safe. Thank you. But they say we not go out.”

Tylendel: “I’ll tell them.”

He bows.

Myrhold man: ”Srer thank you. We fight.”

Tylendel: “You’ll get your chance to fight.”

Myrhold man: ”Lord in the Well say time is come. Fight.”

Tylendel: “Oh, I know. The Creeping God is coming.”

They seem entranced with Tylendel’s armour.

Myrhold man: ”You. King?”

Tylendel: “Not yet. But you can tell your people that I’m the one who hung Erik Glenmyr.”

Myrhold man: ”Glenmyr. We fight. You fight.”

The man smiles.

Myrhold man: ”That is good.”

The man points at the statue of the Lost God Found that looms in the nave.

Myrhold man: ”That. Your god?”

Tylendel hesitates.

Myrhold man: ”King?”

Tylendel: “He’s my ally.”

Myrhold man: ”Friend?”

Tylendel: “Friend. As is the Lady of the Moon.”

Myrhold man: ”Lady of the Moon we know. She protect in the night. Dark forest. Then Lady shine light.”

Myrhold man: ”So we fight and kill Glenmyr.”

Tylendel: “Well, don’t do that now.”

Myrhold man: ”No. Time long go.”

Myrhold man: ”Now friend. Help.”

Tylendel: “Yes. Get your men ready.””

Myrhold man: ”Good. Will. We have ti-mo jur-vo-noh. Priest.”

Tylendel: “Really?”

He points to a man that reminds Tylendel of Áhar shamans.

Myrhold man: “Speak. Lord in the well. They help. Tell us go here.”

Now Tylendel do notice that some of the people around him have Áhar features, but there is a mix of ethnicities.

Tylendel: “Tell your priests to ask the Lord of the Well how long we have.”

Myrhold man: ”Will do that.”

Tylendel: “I’ll be back.”

Before leaving, Tylendel notice that all three has a small dent in their forehead. Outside, Tylendel tells one of the Holy Harvesters to give a message to the council that they shall use the Myrhold men, that they are not prisoners.

That done, he retreats to his chamber and tried to reach Ipeshtir’s Haven in the Between.

Tylendel meditates, and shortly he finds himself in Ipeshtir’s room. He’s a little surprised that he arrived directly, and more surprised that there are no-one present. He finds a note on the table: ”Out fetching something. Be back soon. –Pábes. PS. Something we need.”

Tylendel turns to the mirror while waiting.

Tylendel: “Show me where Mitrôn’s mother is.”

The mirror remains blank.

Tylendel: “Now is that because it was a mortal woman, or that she is protected, like Pentarlys? Very well. Show me where Nysal is.”

The mirror shows him what he is now convinced is the citadel of Izith.

Tylendel: “Now show me where Mitrôn’s mother is.”

The mirror goes black.

Tylendel: “Show me where Gaffon is.”

The mirror shows Tylendel the Crow-king’s army and a man sitting on a tree stump, polishing a sword. He is wearing a helmet with a raised visor: The visor shows a skeletal face, and the face of the man is that of Mykas. He is somewhat shocked that Mykas is alive after Eld’s vision, but thinking about the vision of bones and the helmet, Tylendel thinks about what happened to the Golden Faith. Syr Perparim Riverrose comes up to Mykas, wearing a black robe. They talk, and Mykas frowns. When they part ways, Tylendel notices a shimmering movement from Mykas’ sword to Syr Perparim’s – Tylendel casts a spell to crumple Syr Perparim’s body around his sword and turns it into Blacksteel.

The transformation is quick, and suddenly a black slab of steel thuds into the ground. People start gathering around, and the mirror goes black.

Tylendel: “Show me where Gaffon is.”

The mirror remains black, making Tylendel believe that Blacksteel stops it from being able to penetrate.

Tylendel: “Yes! Fuck you, Gaffon.”

Pábes: “I’ve told you to stop that.”

Tylendel: “Oh, hi, Pábes.”

Tylendel turns around. Pábes is carrying a bag which he thuds onto the table.

Pábes: ”You okay?”

Tylendel: “I just trapped the God in the Blade.”

Pábes: ”That’s good news. One less to worry about.”

Tylendel: “Well, if I actually… I think I did, and if I actually dud… Mulendobra said that he was the one that had manipulated Parafor, that Parafor wasn’t the real enemy, Gaffon was.”

Pábes: ”From the little old stories I know, he was like a tricky god.”

Tylendel: “The trickster.”

Pábes: ”Yes. Well, if you tricked him… I think I… Then I think nothing cans stand against you.”

Tylendel: “Let’s say, for now, that I hope, and I think, I trapped him. Let’s not rest on our laurels quite yet.”

Pábes: ”No, I almost broke my back right now. Look here.”

He picks up a large, grey-green, black-speckled lump of rock with crystals on it.”

Pábes: “Pitch blend. Gonna use it.”

Tylendel: “I was going to ask you… Um… Because I can’t help noticing, in this room, there’s no forge.”

Pábes: ”You’re right.”

Tylendel: “So where… Should we forge the gate?”

Pábes: ”Well, the idea was to construct it in some part of the Between that would serve as a prison. From the rest of the Between. Like Ipeshtir said. Fair enough to get him out of Eras, but we’ve got to take care of the people of the Between too, right? I still notice that we’re still a smith short, though.”

Tylendel: “Umm… What does this gate look like? Didn’t you say it was two columns?”

Pábes: ”A portal of sorts, yes.”

Tylendel: “And they can… Columns can be moved.”

Pábes: ”Suuure?”

Tylendel: “Because if I’ve said it once, I’ve said it too many times: I want to get rid of all of them.”

Pábes: ”You’re thinking… Place it somewhere, get him through, move it, take the next?”

Tylendel: “Yes. Because if… Well, I got the impression that the Gate is two columns, and the Gate is between the columns, and if we attack chains to those columns, Ipeshtir can use the Ghostweave to pull them out, pull them away, and once Parafor is through, close the gate.”

Pábes: ”The thing is… When we, if, when you manage to pull him through, well yes, maybe. But then the Creeping God must go last. It is his presence that has led to this… All of it. The link. The closeness between the Between and Eras.”

Tylendel: “In that case, we won’t have to move it. I’ll ask Ipeshtir to take the others on Dreamw--- On Ghostweave, sorry. Dreamweaver is my boat.”

Pábes: ”You have a boat now?”

Tylendel: “Yeah. Very well, but then---“

Tylendel turns to the mirror.

Tylendel: “Show me the remains of the Twilight Gate in the Between.”

The mirror shows him a snowy landscape with two massive columns, twelve yards apart.

Pábes: ”Whoa! I thought they were gone. Would you look at that.”

Tylendel: “Closer.”

The columns are made of stone blocks, and they look to have been smelted or eroded. There are different colours intermingling on the blocks.

Pábes: ”Looks cold enough for Parafor there.”

Tylendel: “Do you think they’ll work?”

Pábes: ”They are incomplete.”

He walks overt to his book and start looking for something.

Pábes: ”They should be as tall as the space between them is wide.”

Tylendel: “You what?!”

Pábes looks shocked.

Pábes: ”What what?”

Tylendel: “To forge something twelve yards tall… That’ll take months!”

Pábes: ”Months? Oh no. You’re forgetting something. We have the greatest sorcerer of all times with us. I said I can’t do it alone.“

Tylendel: “Show me Eamhyn.”

The mirror shifts to Tamolyn Pahórek, to Eamhyn’s workshop just below Oldenhall. Eamhyn in inspecting hand mills.

Pábes: ”That him?”

Tylendel: “Yeah.”

Pábes: ”Oh, I remember him. From the Hall.”

Tylendel: “I guess you met him there. So, how do you propose I get him here?”

Pábes: ”Guess you use your magic.”

Tylendel: “Yeah, but the thing is, I don’t know if I can force his spirit across.”

Pábes: ”We could build a gate and put him in it first.”

Tylendel: “Yeah, but we need him to build the gate.”

Pábes: ”That is true.”

Tylendel: “You’re kind of putting the cart in front of the horse there, my friend.”

Pábes: ”You think he would be able to… No, he wouldn’t, would he. I don’t think he’s a Barosian, though.”

Tylendel: “What?”

Pábes: ”He’s just got such a weird name. Doesn’t sound Barosian at all. But I don’t know, my friend. I don’t know. I wish Ipeshtir had returned by now.”

Tylendel: “Show me where Ipeshtir is.”

The mirror shows them a river. In the distance, two massive pillars rise, almost a mile in diameter. There are thousands and thousands of lit windows in them. Large creatures are wading through the waters, carrying people on their backs – 40 to 50 of them. Their helmets have lights on them, and they are poking long weapons into the water.

Tylendel: “Not what I was expecting.”

Pábes: ”I stopped expecting things a long time ago, when I came here.”

Tylendel: “Smart move.”

Tylendel wills the mirror to close in on Ipeshtir, and the image moves over the reeds and the river into a clump of trees nearby. Ipeshtir is standing on a branch; Ququllu is handing from a forked branch from a foot.

Tylendel: “I just want to make sure I’m perfectly clear on this. I asked him to find out what the Tombs of Light are, right?”

Pábes: ”Y-yes, you did.”

Tylendel: “And he… Uuuh… By Saint Urol’s scabby ball sack.”

Pábes: ”Probably got up to something.”

Tylendel: “Parafor has broken free of the Doomed City. He is travelling towards Bormost now.”

Pábes: ”He’s free?”

Pábes: ”Oh my.”

Pábes sits down. A tear is rolling down his cheek.

Pábes: “Then it was all for nothing… Oooh.”

Tylendel: “How long will it take him to reach Bormost?”

Pábes: ”I don’t know.”

Pábes rests his head in his hands, despairing.

Pábes: “Oh my, oh my.”

He hyperventilates.

Pábes: “We’ve got to get Ipeshtir back. We’ve got to--- We’ve got to start building! Can’t you ask where he is?!”

Tylendel casts his mindspeak spell on Ipeshtir.

Tylendel: “Ipeshtir.”

Ipeshtir looks around.

Tylendel: “I’m sorry, but we’re running short on time. What are you doing in a tree?”

Ipeshtir: “I’m climbing. I’m coming.”

Tylendel: “Parafor has broken free of the Doomed City.”

Ipeshtir: ”Coming.”

He starts climbing down.

Tylendel: “How long?”

Ipeshtir: “As fast as I can.”

He turns to Ququllu and gesticulates, then climbs all the way down. He helps Ququllu down, then they run into the brush. The mirror follows them until they climb aboard the Ghostweave, and the mirror goes black. Tylendel release the spell.

Tylendel: “Well, he’s coming.”

Pábes: ”That’s a good thing, but I meant… You could use the mirror to see where the Creeping God is.”

Tylendel: “I know, but I’m not sure if it’s safe…”

He feels the mirror – it is warm.

Pábes: ”Maybe it’s not safe anyway.”

Tylendel: “Uuuh, fuck… Show me where the Creeping God is.”

Pábes: ”No! Don’t do it! Don’t do it!”
Back to top Go down
https://empyresedge.rpg-board.net

Online Session Recap - 01.06.2019
Page 1 of 1