Empyre's Edge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Empyre's Edge

A forum for the Empyre's Edge roleplaying setting.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Online Session Recap - 22.03.2019

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tylendel
Lord
Tylendel

Online Session Recap - 22.03.2019 Empty
PostSubject: Online Session Recap - 22.03.2019   Online Session Recap - 22.03.2019 I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Mar 2019, 16:38

Tylendel is flying over the Great Plain. He watches the storm raging beneath him in grim satisfaction, although he is secretly amazed at what he managed to do.

He reaches Kingsbridge and spends a few minutes looking at the chaos he’s caused. The Cultist army is in tatters, soldiers and Cultists trying to stay in cover from flying debris. There are desperate scream being torn away with the wind. He sees an Áhar being caught, tumbling away.

He decides to leave for Bormost.

Tylendel: “Good luck finding a new army, Gaffon.”

The city of Bormost has been hit by the storm as well. There are roof tiles flying in the wind, a tower is leaning precariously. He flies to the Holy Hill, where he sees soldiers being carried on stretchers into the temple. There are a few soldiers cowering on the northern wall. He hovers for a while before deciding to help two soldiers off the wall. He lands near the one furthest from safety and approach him. As he comes close to the Holy Harvester, the wind stills around him.

The soldier stares open-mouthed at Tylendel.

Tylendel: “Come. Let me guide you to shelter.”

The Holy Harvester stands up and comes closer to Tylendel.

Tylendel: “Stay close.”

He walks over to the second soldier, another Holy Harvester, and the first one follows quietly. He, too, stands up shakily.

Harvester 2: “Lord Greyoak! What is going on?”

Tylendel: “There’s a storm coming. Come.”

Harvester 2: “Coming? It’s destroying everything!”

Tylendel: “It’s only just started.”

Harvester 2: “Nooo… Please, no.”

Tylendel leads them to the nearest tower, where he opens a door for them.

Harvester 1: “Thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you. You ARE the Greyoak. I knew it. I heard about you long before I came here. People talked about you, back in Graveyard. You were the fellow who had some trouble with the Knight of Honeybeech Point!”

Tylendel: “I believe he was the one in trouble.”

Harvester 1: “Yes, yes. There was a trial?!”

Tylendel: “Get in shelter.”

Tylendel waits for them to enter.

Harvester 2: “You’re not coming?”

Tylendel: “Get in shelter.”

Harvesters: “Thank you! Thank you, my lord! Thank you!”

Tylendel spends a few moments on the wall, looking at the destruction he’s caused. He turns towards the Lady’s Grove.

Tylendel: “Sorry about this, Lady.”

He then takes off and flies to Sirry.

The city of Sirry looks dead and silent, although there are a few lights. He flies towards the Stork’s Nest, where he enters an upper window. He spends some time searching for any sorcerous items in Sharth’s chamber. Not finding anything, he starts looking for Jan Dagger. He does find him, but he has been dead for many days. There are signs of torture, and, angered, Tylendel starts searching the Nest for any Red Scarves. He spends some time searching in vain, then he is distracted by someone using magic in the city.

Tylendel leaves the Stork’s Nest and flies south, looking for the magic user, expecting it to be Mulendobra. He finds the source in a tower converted to an inn, the Flying Bull. He enters, as he is wont to do, through a first floor window. Once inside he searches the floor he is on then walks downstairs to the ground floor. Here, every candle is burning, and there is a fire in every hearth. He spends some time looking around, then finds Mulendobra lying in a bed in one of the inn’s rooms.

He approaches the bed carefully, takes off his gauntlets, then reach out to Mulendobra to remove the hair from her face, and he can see her looking up at him. She looks battered.

Mulendobra: “Inera mika sasario.”

Tylendel: “I’m afraid I don’t understand you, my lady.”

Her eyes narrow and Tylendel lays his gauntlets on the table and sits down. Mulendobra rises a little, leaning on an elbow. Her glance looks more seductive now than what he has seen earlier.

Mulendobra: “Raprevaros praveni.”

Tylendel: “I’m going to assume you’re speaking some kind of Amorioni language?”

Tylendel reaches out to her, carefully, but she pulls away.

Tylendel: “Please. I am not going to hurt you.”

Something cold passes over her eyes. Tylendel ignores it and lays his hand on her cheek, and she feels very warm. Tylendel starts casting a spell to commu8nicate with her.

Tylendel: “Please, do not resist me.”

Tylendel casts the spell, but he feels her resisting him, making his spell fail. Mulendobra frowns at Tylendel.

Tylendel: “Please. I am trying to let us communicate. Please.”

He reaches out to her again, but Mulendobra takes off her blanket and stands up. Weirdly, she stands up as if she has legs, and she levitates off the bed and places herself in front of the door. She looks down at Tylendel. As she does this, she starts weakly radiating light, and her eyes starts shining. Tylendel stands up as well.

Tylendel: “Mulendobra, I am not trying to harm you.”

As Tylendel says her name, the light immediately starts fading. Her pupils return, and she looks surprised. Tylendel feels power emanating from her even without trying. She cocks her head, looking at Tylendel, and he reaches out to her again.

Tylendel: “Please.”

Mulendobra: “Pudere te vede persi anoa fede inte e.”

Tylendel: “I haven’t the faintest clue what you are saying.”

She lowers herself, only looking slightly down at Tylendel. He reaches out to lay his hand on her cheek again. She lets him, but her eyes are locked on his, expressionless. This time there is no resistance. Tylendel relaxes, smiling.

Tylendel: “Milady, I was expecting to find you at Tamolyn Pahórek.”

Mulendobra: “I left. I cannot stay.”

Tylendel: “May I ask why?”

Mulendobra: “I am looking for someone.”

Tylendel: “The Hero of the World’s Ending?”

She gives him half a smile.

Mulendobra: “No. You are the one who unchained me.”

Tylendel: “Yes.”

Mulendobra: “Who are you?”

Tylendel: “I am Tylendel Greyoak.”

Mulendobra: “Why did you do that?”

Tylendel: “The Crow-king is my enemy. He had you chained, I wanted to piss him off, basically. Also, I don’t like seeing people in chains.”

Mulendobra: “When you woke me, I thanked you for your intervention, but I also said it was not necessary. But I can see why you thought it was, so I am thankful.”

Tylendel: “At the time it looked like Kandarov, or Parafor, had stolen your power.”

Mulendobra: “I was greatly weakened, but I knew I was being taken to a place where I could replenish.”

Tylendel: “May I ask how you got wounded again? I say again, because I healed you when I brought you do Tamolyn Pahórek.”

Mulendobra: “It is not an easy thing to heal someone who is broken. Always.”

Tylendel: “Of course, I meant your flesh. I healed your flesh.”

Mulendobra: “It soon breaks apart. I was there during to Storm of Stone, when I was *cough* broken. You know who I am. You spoke my name.”

Tylendel: “You are one of the Nine.”

Mulendobra: “Ah, “the Nine” Yes.”

Tylendel: “Well, I couldn’t keep calling you “the gods”, could I?”

Mulendobra: “I was called a goddess once.”

Tylendel: “From what I hear you were also called a queen.”

Now that he thinks about it, Tylendel does notice she has the pose of a queen.”

Mulendobra: “I was the High Queen of Amorion, yes. It is long ago.”

Tylendel: “Well, when the fire consumed the Brentonni, it was said that the Broken Goddess smiled. My knowledge of events is somewhat like a sieve, though, I fear. Was it Parafor that brought the fire to the Brentonni?”

Mulendobra: “Yes. He had a different name, then.”

Tylendel: “Is that so?”

Mulendobra: “Our dear, Fair Shining One.”

Tylendel: “Talaghar.”

Mulendobra: “Yes. I know who you are. You are the one who travels. You have the Blood.”

She floats closer.

Mulendobra: “The blood of Ruis.”

Tylendel: “So I’ve been told.”

Mulendobra: “I am fascinated. Why would I look for him? He is Lost. You look confused.”

Tylendel: “The first time I saw you, you tried to goad me into a gateway. It was in a crack on the Great Plains.”

Mulendobra: “You?! Were there? Yes. I remember now. At the gate of the Starless Halls.”

Tylendel: “What are those?”

Mulendobra: “A place of many secrets, but they have now been found.”

Tylendel: “By Kandarov. And, via him, Parafor.”

Mulendobra: “The Cult was there. That’s how I came to be in their captivity. I was bound to the place, to the tomb, the tomb of Gablug Maístor.”

Tylendel: “So he is truly dead, then?”

Mulendobra: “Yes. Not even the Folk of Old live forever.”

Tylendel: “Well, I was thinking maybe he’d escaped to Candath or Ilk or something, since some of his inventions are hidden away there.”

Mulendobra: “You are a clever one.”

Tylendel: “Thank you, milady.”

Mulendobra: “I think you should not involve yourself anymore in what is going on, and what is going to happen. For your own good.”

She lays her hand on Tylendel’s cheek.

Mulendobra: “You’re far too sweet a young man to get trapped in this misery.”

Tylendel: “I’m sorry, milady, but I have to. Some of your fellow… Visitors are trying to destroy my people, and I cannot let that happen.””

Mulendobra: “Hm. “Visitors.” You know how long I have been here? I think the term “visitor” no longer applies.”

Tylendel: “Well, I could just call you “the Nine”, then. Well… Eight.”

Mulendobra: “You imprisoned Braek.”

Tylendel: “Yes.”

Mulendobra: “Hm!”

She looks entertained.

Mulendobra: “Then his blood truly is powerful. If a weak-fleshed man like you can stop her…”

She floats away from Tylendel a little.

Tylendel: “Well, I know there are three of you still heading towar- Well, two heading towards the City now that you are leaving. Parafor: I’m guessing he’s still chained since he hasn’t come.”

Mulendobra: “Oh, he will come.”

Tylendel: “I reckoned.”

Mulendobra: “He grew far too strong. Powerful.”

Tylendel: “He became fire.”

Mulendobra: “He began to disregard us, closed in on himself, and he found fire. You know where that fire came from.”

Tylendel: “Odaz.”

Mulendobra: “In a sense, yes. He turned dragons against masters. Dragonfire.”

Tylendel: “There truly were dragons? Winged bests flying through the skies?”

Mulendobra: “Yes. If you can do it…”

Tylendel: “Well, I was kind of starting to suspect that it was the children of the Nine who were called dragons.”

Mulendobra: “They are beasts. Were. He is responsible for the fall of the Dragon-kings. And we knew we had to stand together if we were going to take him down. And that’s when Ruis tried to absorb him. To quench that fire. And instead, Parafor assumed part of him. But, my young friend, it is still an unbelievable accomplishment if you have managed to block Braek. You have learned secrets, I assume, that no man of this world would have otherwise known. She helped him. She created the great ice that covered the world under his darkness. You know, it is a miracle that you are here that there is anything here. For centuries this world was on the brink of extinction. Then we managed to seal her away.”

Tylendel: “Until that damned sailor came along.”

Mulendobra: “It was, in a sense, ironic. She became encased in her own ice. And once the darkness faded, and we managed to chain Parafor, and light could come back, the world could begin to grow again. But he lashed out many times before it was done. And so I must find my friend and ally, who were also ensnared.”

Tylendel: “Who?”

Mulendobra: “You would know him as the Lord of the Hunt.”

Tylendel: “Arakin.”

Mulendobra: “Yes. Arokin.”

She smiles again, then looks sorrowful once more.

Mulendobra: “I loved him once. And I think he loved me.”

Tylendel: “Love can be a strong thing.”

Mulendobra: “It could break worlds.”

Tylendel: “I imagine it did with Braek and Ruis.”

Mulendobra: “Braek always loved him. But he loved someone else.”

Tylendel: “Loronë.”

Mulendobra: “Yes. But she never could love him back. For Parafor is too full of himself. And so she flung herself into the arms of his brother, Ruis. The sad thing, of course, is that Loronë loved Ruis. So there you have it all.”

Tylendel: “That doesn’t make sense. You said she both loved Ruis and didn’t love Ruis.”

Mulendobra: “No, I said Braek loved Parafor, Parafor loved Loronë, and Loronë loved Ruis. It was no wonder that things happened like they did. There was no-one else in this world, at that time, worthy of their attention, I suppose. They were already here when I and Arakin arrived.”

Tylendel: “Really?”

Mulendobra: “M-hm.”

Tylendel: “Now that answers that question. I was wondering if all nine of you arrived at the same time. Oh, fuck me sideways and call me Lucile. Are there more than nine?”

Mulendobra: “Not anymore.”

Tylendel: “Well, that’s a blessing, I guess.”

Mulendobra: “Thought we do have, as you are evidence of, we did leave our offspring, though.”

Tylendel: “Yeah, I know. So… The first Dragon-king was one of Ruis’ offspring? Loronë? Parafor? What?”

Mulendobra: “Abelian. Ah, he was one of us.”

Tylendel: “He came from the Between. My history books needs some revision, it seems.”

Mulendobra: “I understand that we have caused quite a deal of storytelling in this world. We had no choice when we came here. We had to escape, me and Arokin.”

Tylendel: “The Between still exists.”

Mulendobra: “Yes, in a sense it does. And that is what this is all about, isn’t it.”

Tylendel: “Well, the chaos you guys are wreaking here in Eras, is destroying the Between, and when the Between is destroyed, so will all the worlds be.”

Mulendobra: “But the Between is destroyed.”

Tylendel: “It is broken.”

Mulendobra: “Broken, yes… I know something about broken. Well. I really have to go now. It was a pleasure meeting you. And… Well. I’m sorry, but I have to kill you.”
Back to top Go down
https://empyresedge.rpg-board.net

Online Session Recap - 22.03.2019
Page 1 of 1